Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tired of Society

Being a girl today is stressful. If you like Starbucks and Uggs, then you're stereotypical. If you're black but like Black Veil Brides and Pierce the Veil, then you're an emo and an Oreo. If you have long hair and you're black, then people naturally assume it's weave. If you have weave, then you're fake and ratchet. If you're promiscuous, then you're a THOT.  If you don't talk to guys and try too save yourself, then you're a prude and a goodie two shoes. If you like a popular boy band, then you're mainstream. If you listen to indie bands and like coffee from obscure coffee houses, then you're a hipster wannabe and try too hard. 

Men wonder why women aren't at the same place as them, more or less ignorant to the fact that it's their faults. I had one teacher tell me that I was being bossy when I was in a group of boys working on an assignment. The boys were being lazy so I assigned roles. I Had somebody look in the textbook and another boy write stuff down. My teacher, a male in his mid thirties, told me that I was being bossy. If I was a boy, I'd be taking initiative and being a leader. What in the actual fuck makes it okay to have double standards like this?!

Please, comment your opinions and share my work with the world. 
  Peace out Girl Scout 

No comments:

Post a Comment