Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 9, 2015

2 Weeks of Insanity

It's been about two weeks since school ended and I don't really have anything negative to say. The last day, I went to a fair and met up with some of my friends. Mystery Guy was there. I've decided that me and him are better off being friends than two people that fall in love and ride off into the sunset on a unicorn. The following weekend, I went upstate to visit my great aunt, who I haven't seen since my grandfather's funeral, which was three years ago. She took me thrift shopping and now I know why Macklemore felt the need to write a song about them. The thrift shop we went to was next door to a gun range, so when I went into the dressing room to try on the stuff, the gun shots scared the fuck out of me. Then, we went into NYC to visit my other great aunt and that's when shit hit the fan. We met my distant cousin, Kathy and she looked really young for her age. Like, she took the whole 'Black Don't Crack' thing to a whole different level. I thought she was in her mid forties. She was in her sixties. 

We had to wait for my aunt to meet us and I got hungry. We walked down the street to get pizza, because in New York, you can't walk five feet without walking into a slice of pizza. It was okay. Like, I enjoyed it because I'm addicted to pizza but I wouldn't go home and say 'I'm not eating anyone's pizza except theirs.

When my aunt showed up, we went back to her house and they cracked open a bottle of wine. And then shit got real.

Both my mom and dads sides of the family goes hard and I'll get back to that later.  

Long story short, my aunt got fucked up, we missed our train, I walked around Central Park, went to a farmers market, and spent the night in Manhattan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment